Device Protection Upgrades
Protection <360>® and Sprint Complete
As the Un-carrier, we are dedicated to offering our customers the best possible experience in every interaction. You reached this page for more information on upcoming updates to T-Mobile's device protection program .
On this page:
What's going on?
We are making some changes to offer a better experience to all our customers. Starting November 1, 2021, T-Mobile's device protection plan provided by Assurant, Protection <360>® (P <360>), will receive an upgrade and now, Sprint customers will receive it too!
- In most cases, the monthly costs will be the same or lower.
- You may see prorated charges for the <360> feature change on your November bill.
- These changes will not result in an open enrollment period. Standard requirements for line enrollment apply without device protection .
- You will continue to enjoy Sprint Complete services until October 31, 2021, when you will be switched to Protection<360>. Beginning with the November bill, Sprint Complete customers will see Protection<360> instead.
What are my benefits?
As of November 1, Protection<360> includes these exclusive benefits:
- $29 walk-in screen repair service for eligible devices, available at new authorized repair centers, including T-Mobile stores. 1
- Available at new authorized repair centers at eligible T-Mobile locations. 1
- Five total claims (previously three) in any consecutive 12-month period based on date of for loss, theft, or accidental damage.
- Coverage for damage, loss or theft includes replacements with next business day delivery.
- Hardware service coverage (mechanical failure): 2 unlimited claims.
- Unlimited screen protector replacements 3 : when it breaks, get a new one.
- JUMP!® Upgrades 4 :get the latest device.
- The Protection <360>® app by Assurant® 5 (formerly TechPHD by Assurant®): access to live technical support for your connected devices.
- True Key™ premium password management: forget about having to remember numerous passwords and keep your account secure.
- McAfee® Security for T-Mobile with identity theft protection: helps protect your identity on up to 10 devices. 6
If you were automatically enrolled in Protection <360>, you will receive these exclusive benefits with your plan, at no additional cost.
What do I need to maintain coverage?
The good news is that if you had Sprint Complete (available through October 31, 2021), you don't have to do anything. Your coverage will be upgraded to Protection <360> on November 1 and you will receive a welcome kit from Assurant.
If you had only insurance or service contract*:
- Services are no longer available and will end on October 31 , 2021.
- If you would like to continue coverage and enroll in the new device protection program, please call 888-211-4727 visit a T-Mobile store. Of course, coverage is optional. If you decide that you do not want device protection, you should do nothing.
You'll need to move everything you have stored in the Complete Storage app to another storage solution by November 15, 2021. Contact our technical service specialists for assistance if needed at 1-866-866-7509.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, iPad Pro 11 3rd generation or iPad Pro 12.9 5th generation
- Sprint Complete for $19 is no longer available for these devices; the updated price is $25.
- We recommend P<360> to further protect your device.
Protect your memories with the Sprint Complete storage app
Sprint Complete storage service will end on November 1, 2021 and a security copy of your media (photos/videos) will no longer be uploaded to the cloud. Don't worry! You will continue to have access to your stored photos and videos until December 31, 2021, but you will need to take action as soon as possible before your media is deleted.
Any content stored in the Sprint Complete Storage app will be deleted on December 31, 2021. To transfer your information, select one of the following options:
Transfer to Asurion Photos
Download from device
Transfer to another cloud
Do you need more help?
For Asurion Photos, visit Asurion photos to chat with an expert.
For all other options, please contact our technology experts at 1-866-866-7509 .
Use these resources to learn more about your benefits, coverage documentation and details on how to file a device protection claim:
*Insurance policies include the equipment replacement program and advanced equipment insurance. The service contracts include the equipment service and repair program, the advanced equipment service and support program and the MaaS extended warranty program, and the technology expert agreement will be terminated.
1 Available at Assurant authorized repair centers, including T-Mobile service and repair centers. Applicable where and when repair service is available; otherwise, we will provide replacement equipment and charge the appropriate service/deductible charge based on the level of the equipment for any other accidental damage.
2 When purchasing and installing a screen protector from T-Mobile. Does not include liquid crystal screen protectors
3 A $5 processing fee is charged for claim changes due to mechanical failure through T-Mobile. There is no processing fee for eligible mechanical failure claims handled by the manufacturer.
4 For eligible equipment purchases through an Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) upon payment of 50% of the equipment cost.
5 Download and register the Assurant® Protection <360> app to enjoy access to all features. Availability and features may vary by device and operating system
6 Provided by McAfee® Security for T-Mobile. There may be limitations on the size of each video that can be backed up and protected.